Welcome to Sleeper (“we,” “us” or “our”) and our store at the-sleeper.com (the “Website” or “Services”).
Our data collection and processing rules are designed comply with GDPR, DPA rules and recommendations, Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Table of contents:
- The Information we collect and how we use it
- Sharing your Personal information
- Service Providers
- Links to Third-Party Services
- SecurityInformation collected automatically / Cookies
- Children’s privacy issues
- Your Rights
- How to contact Sleeper
The Information we collect and how we use it
We collect the information you provide directly to us when you open an account, make a purchase, subscribe to our newsletters, or interact with us on social media. The types of personal data we may collect directly from you include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, shipping address, company name (where applicable), and phone number;
- Account information, such as your username, password or profile picture;
Billing information, such as credit card details, PayPal email address, and billing address;
- Optional information you may choose to provide, such as your date of birth, gender, social media usernames, makeup and color preferences, or any other information;
- If you sign up for account using a Social Network, we may collect Personal Information from your profile, such as your display name, username, and e-mail address;
- Communication history between you and Sleeper;
- Device data such as computer or device you are using when you access our Website, device IP address, type of web browser and operating system you are using, the identity of your internet service provider, and your device and browser settings.
- Website usage data such as pages you visit on our Website, the websites you use prior to visiting our Website, your actions on our Website.
According to California Consumer Privacy Act, we collect:
- Identifiers, such as, a real name, alias, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as a name, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. – Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Commercial information, such as products purchased, obtained, or considered at the Website, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
We may use the information we collect to deliver the product, to maintain and personalize your account and our interactions with you, and to provide, maintain, and improve our Services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Inform you about the status of your order and shipping information;
- Communicate with you about our Services;
- Inform you about new products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, feedback and suggestions;
Facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments and reviews;
- Offer contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions;
Conduct or administer surveys and other market research; and
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud or other illegal activity;
- Improve your experience with our Website and Services
Sharing your Personal information
We will never share, rent or sell any of your Personal Information to third parties except noted in this Policy, unless required by law, or unless you have given us express consent to do so.
We only share your Personal Information with third parties that help us provide the Services to you (“Service Providers”).
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We use Stripe to process payments. You can read more about how Stripe uses your Personal Information here.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
We use Klarna to provide you with exclusive shopping experience that allows you to make a purchase now and pay for it later. You can learn more about Klarna’s use of your Personal Information here.
We use PayPal to process some payments when PayPal checkout is selected. You can learn about PayPal’s use of your Personal Information here.
We use WooCommerce platform to process our orders. WooCommerce use of your Personal Information can be reviewed here.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
- Pay in 4 installments*
- Pay in 3**
- Pay Later**
- Pay Now
*CA resident loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Financing Law license.
**Klarna’s Pay in 3 instalments and Pay in 30 days credit agreements are not regulated by the FCA. Use of these and any missed payments may affect your ability to obtain credit from Klarna and other lenders. 18+, UK residents only. Subject to status. T&Cs apply.
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
Links to Third Party Services
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Information collected automatically / Cookies
When you enter the Site, our web server sends a cookie to your computer which allows us to recognize your computer but not specifically who is using it. By associating the identification numbers in the cookies with other customer information when, for example, you log-in to the Site or use the Services, we know that the cookie information relates to you.
Some cookies used by our Services are served by us, and some are served by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Children’s privacy issues
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16.
If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us.
You have the following rights:
Unsubscribe from our Communications
As mentioned above, we may use the Personal Information we collect from you to send you newsletters regarding new products, promotions or other news. If you no longer with to receive these updates, you can opt out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disable Cookies Collection
Please keep in mind that without cookies you may not be able to use all the features of our Website.
Right to access, review, and delete Personal Information
According to GDPR, CCPA, DPA and PIPEDA, you may have the right to obtain confirmation that we hold Personal Information about you, request access to and receive information about this Personal Information, as well as restrict the use of this information or delete it entirely.
In some cases the right to access Personal Information may be limited by local law. If you qualify to exercise these rights, please contact us at the address below.
Sleeper LLCNYC, 401 Broadway st.,
Suite #411New York, NY 10013
Please note that you may be asked to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are the owner of the email account in question.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, Sleeper ‘s website, the-sleeper.com (“Website”), has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
If you are a California consumer and would like to make any requests under the CCPA, please contact us at email@example.com
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
How to contact Sleeper